Sometimes, you just want a basic black beanie hat. 1. Black is a color that goes with just about everything and flatters just about everyone 2. Simple knitted hat designs can still be charming in their own ways.
Here's the pattern I used for making this basic black hat:
1. Cast on 80 stitches - this may be different for you, depends on the gauge of your yarn. Be sure to place a yarn marker at the end of your stitches so you can easily keep track of where you are.
2. Knit in the round for the first row.
3. Knit 1, pearl 1 in the round for 8 rows.
4. Knit in the round until the hat measures 6 inches.
5. To begin the decrease, knit 6, knit 2 stitches together. Continue to the end of the row.
6. Continue the decrease until complete!