It really hasn't been a great week so far. My boyfriend's car was stolen on Monday night and that has definitely set a tone for the days to follow. I've had to help him out by sharing my car, which I am more than happy to do, but it has placed a lot of schedule constraints that I am not used to dealing with. And I weirdly NEED a schedule or I just do not do well. A creature of habit to a fault, right here. Not sure if it's good or bad, but it's just the way I am. Plus, he has been pretty bummed about it (rightfully so). The theft of the car has also messed up our moving plans as we definitely were planning on using his vehicle for most of the heavy moving... meaning that we will now have to order a U-Haul.
In any case, I decided that focusing on the month as a whole and looking beyond this week might be a good way to be a little bit more positive and cheerful. Here are my goals for the month of July.
1. Thoroughly clean both the old apartment and the new apartment.
2. Get fully moved into the new apartment.
3. Finish Knitting Project: Baby June's apple hat. My friend Cassie asked my to make a baby hat for her adorable daughter. It's the cutest project ever and I am so excited to finish it. I've started, but with my history it will probably take me a few tries to get it right.
4. Bake at least once a week. Cook more homemade meals. I am the worst cook ever - I definitely need to work on this one.
5. Get back up to at least 30 miles a week with 4 rounds of tabata training and at least two weekly hot yoga classes. I have been such a slacker lately. Need to get back to running more especially since the weather is wonderful in Milwaukee right now - which is nothing short of miraculous, let me tell you.
6. Create the plan and gather materials need to build my nieces an awesome dollhouse for their Christmas gift. This is going to be tough, but I remember getting a custom made dollhouse from my godfather (that I still have!) and it was the best Christmas ever. Any help or advice that anyone can offer on this one will be much appreciated!
7. Hike Kettle Moraine and get some awesome pictures. I have lived in Milwaukee for almost 2 years and still need to adventure through the Kettle Moraine trails... shameful, I know.
Alright, back to the present. Here's to the rest of this week improving and to remembering that every day is a good day to have a great day.