I am all for celebrating small victories. Doing so actually seems to be quite a common theme among so many people who I admire. The reasons behind it are quite simple; it’s to remind you that the little things are, in fact, sometimes the most important things, and it helps to keep you motivated when you’re going after the bigger goals. It doesn’t have to be anything groundbreaking. It’s just about setting out to do something and completing it, no matter how small or easy or enjoyable that task may or may not be.
Here are some small summer victories that I’m currently excited about.
1. This weekend, I saw my friend Laurel, who was visiting from California, and we had a really great time visiting Fawn Creek Winery. You can see proof of the trip below! I know that some of you may be confused as to why I’m considering this a victory. Well, to be honest, it’s tough to keep in touch with people, isn’t it? We sadly get so bogged down with the day-to-day stuff that we often forget to call or reach out to people who have moved away, people who are no longer a part of that very day-to-day. In fact, you have to make an effort to stay in touch, and it was one of my New Year’s resolutions for this year. I don’t want to wake up suddenly, and I realize I no longer speak to people I used to care about simply because of that thing called time and a little bit of distance.
2. I have all of the posts for the upcoming two weeks planned and scheduled out since I’ll be traveling.
3. I spent 20 minutes working on my writing. It may be small, but I am just excited that I am actually following through with my plan and working on it.
4. I gave Reggie a bath yesterday. Always a fun endeavor (not) and I am celebrating the fact that it is over.
5. I’m on track for my 300 mile summer, even after having a nasty cold last week. Thankfully, I had been feeling ambitious during an earlier week in the summer so it really didn’t impact my running goal too much.
6. This one may be a little bit bigger, but it’s still something I want to share as it pertains to A Detailed Palette. I’ve been invited to do a collaboration with a furniture brand that I simply love. I won’t be sharing anything until October, so be on the lookout for more then, but it just feels so great to work with others on this blog and to be able to create content that I am really proud of and that all of you will hopefully find helpful and beautiful.
Any small victories for you? I want to hear about them all!!