First things first, happy Labor Day! I hope you guys all have something relaxing & lovely planned. I am headed to spend some time with two friends who I studied abroad with - one of whom is from London and who I haven't seen in years. It's going to be a good day!
As fall is quickly approaching, I thought it be a good time to share some of the season’s goals with you and share a few updates.
1. Travel to Holy Hill – it’s one of my favorite places in the fall. I shared my photos and my experience in a post last year if you’d like to see some beautiful fall foliage ahead of time.
2. Eat a gigantic caramel apple
3. Complete at least 4 knitted hats
4. Complete Madelyn’s baby blanket
5. Write 50,000 words - In November, I will be attempting to complete NanoWriMo with two of my friends/coworkers. NanoWriMo is a sort of writing challenge that takes place throughout the month of November with the sole goal of writing a total of 50,000 words (of fiction that is). You only get the month of November to complete it. Wish me luck!
Some updates to share:
1. My post on how to find the perfect sofa for a small space (written from first-hand experience) was featured on Wayfair’s blog. You should check it out if you are in the midst of any couch dilemmas. Or even if not – it’s a fun read, promise. :)
2. I’ve been adding some of my past DIYs to Darby Smart and creating kits! You can visit my page to see what’s been uploaded. Unfortunately, there aren’t any knitting needles available to add to kits so some of the knitting based DIY aren’t complete kits – just a heads up if you’re looking for all of the supplies. Recently added DIYs include the marble coasters below!
3. I recently got this new cutting board from FamilyLaser, and I think it might just be the cutest thing I have ever seen. Love this small company of makers and all of their work!
Have an amazing Labor Day!